Today I would like to share a bit on the little guy that usually goes unnoticed in our daily life.
The UMSTBVK Series – DIN Rail Mounted Plug-In Terminal Block
This product seemingly portrays images of an underdog. It has never been in the limelight by nature. That is due to the limited exposure that the UMSTBVK connectors are exposed to.
Other products such as the “UT 2,5/1P” Terminal Blocks & “UM 25” Interface Module are more commonly used in market, whereas the UT 2,5/1P terminal blocks are mainly used for high power feedthrough, and UM 25 interface modules are mainly used for signal feedthrough.
Comparing the trio, the UMSTBVK is actually a hybrid between the two.
Where are these products commonly used?
It is commonly used as a middleman between the controller and the field devices. As the controller is usually the “Heart” of the entire system, hence, the use of UMSTBVK will come into place as one of the essential parts of the system, being “The Bridge” between the Controller and the field devices.
It will allow easy testing, maintenance and replacement for users, minimizing the need to connect and disconnect the wires that are already installed onto the main controller and field devices.
What are the most common objections as to using the UT 2,5/1P or the UM 25 modules integrated into their systems / devices / instruments?
- Indeed these are convenient, but take up too much space.
- Nice products, but pricing not very competitive.
- Connectors for UT 2,5/1P has only one direction of wire entry, it compromises on the space taken in terms of depth.
- There are no other options except 10 / 18 position for the UM25 Interface Module.
The UMSTBVK Series terminal blocks might not be the perfect solution, but it has the best features of both of its predecessors:
- Great Versatility – Multiple variant of different number of position to choose from, and can be used on both NS35 / G DIN Rails.
- Time-Saving – Minimizes time needed for assembly of terminal blocks into desired number of positions & eliminates the need to purchase additional accessory like “End Covers”
- Readiness – “Clip and Go” type of product.
- Cost Savings – competitive pricing based on per pole, which can achieve savings up to 30% per pole for the whole set including the plug in connectors.
- Spoilt for Choice – You have multiple types of connectors that are compatible to choose from, with various connection technologies & angle of wire entry that you may prefer.
- Screw Connection
- IDC Connection
- Push In connection
- Crimp Connection
Up to this point, I see great potential for the UMSTBVK product family to shine in coming years.
Do you agree with me? If you do…
Do feel free to contact us for more details to help you understand this better via the form below!