Let there be light: Phoenix Contact Components for Reliable Power Grids
On 7 July 2017, Phoenix Contact Singapore Team organised a’ Dining in the Dark’ event as part of Corporate Social Responsibility. In the short 2 hours without our sight, we experienced a range of emotions such as fear and helplessness. This event also allowed us to understand the challenges that persons with visual impairment faced daily. It is truly a meaningful event that we are thankful to be able to experience with the friends we made from work.
In today’s world, it might not be an exaggeration to say that we will feel the fear and helplessness if we do not have access to electricity. For a start, life-sustaining equipment in hospitals will not be in operation. Many of life’s conveniences such as lights, entertainment, air-conditioning etc. will be stripped from us. For this, electrical grids are always considered critical infrastructure all around the world and efforts are made to ensure the grid is always operating. Phoenix Contact contributes to this reliability with our products. Below are some examples:
- Terminal blocks (Clipline Complete)
Our terminal blocks are widely used in power industry. For quick installation in Marshalling/Pilot panel, our customers prefer the use of
- Push-in connectionThis connection method is fast, do not require special tools, safe, ensure consistent and good connection for every insertion and ideal for areas with high vibration. Most importantly, unlike screw connection, over time, push-in connection does not loosen.
- QTC connectionThere is no need to strip the wire using QTC connection, making it the fastest way for wire installations. Moreover, Phoenix Contact QTC terminal blocks do not require special tools!
- Protection terminal blocks
Especially for CT testing, where you have to make the testing circuit before breaking the transformer circuit, it is important to ensure that the “make-before-break” is done properly! Failure to do so results not just in power outage, but often death.
Our solution is our range of test disconnect terminal blocks, clearly labelled to ensure operators know exactly what is being done. There are also ample spaces for accessories for you to do the necessary bridging and testing.
Offering inspiring innovations, Phoenix Contact has come out with a test disconnect system. Instead of manually doing the switching, why not let our system take care of it for you with Fast And Modular Energy system (FAME).
- DC/DC Converter and Power Supply
Usually in substations, there will be 110VDC power supply. However, most electronics components (remote IO, network switch, RTU) requires 24VDC/48VDC power input. For this purpose, many substations around the world choose Phoenix Contact Quint IV Power Supply.
- SFB Technology selectively trips standard circuit breakers, loads connected in parallel continue working
- Preventive function monitoring indicates critical operating states before errors occur
- signalling thresholds and characteristic curves that can be adjusted via NFC maximize system availability
- Easy system extension thanks to static boost; starting of difficult loads thanks to dynamic boost
- High noise immunity, thanks to integrated gas-filled surge arrester and more than 20 ms mains failure buffer time. Moreover, Phoenix Contact Quint IV Power Supply comes IEC61850-3 certified. This means that the unit can be used even for IEC61850 applications!
- Interposing relays
With a wide range of relays, Phoenix Contact has the right solution for all standard relay applications, such as interposing relays.
- Easy handling, thanks to modern wiring and potential distribution concept
- Easy extension to a timer relay, thanks to plug-in special function module
- Complete product range covering all standard relay applications
- Reliable system for high machine and system availability
- Available as a complete module or modular system
- Heavycon (Heavy-Duty Connector)
Substations have high EMC and electrostatic interferences. They are also generally not places that people like to hang around in! Heavycon can help to reduce installation/maintenance time and at the same time, ensure reliable power/data/signal transmission. With a modular system, you can combine Fibre, Ethernet, Serial, signals, power all in 1 connector!
|Easy Wire Termination||Easy Power Distribution||Complete Product Range|
- the Local control cabinet can be connected quickly to the bay cabinet
- The Circuit breaker compartment can be easily disconnected/connected to the switchgear