The Automotive industry is one of the highest revenue-generating industries in the world. In 2016, about 95 million cars were manufactured. Thailand is the biggest country for the automotive industry in South East Asia and the 12th largest in the world as of 2015.
About 2 million vehicles are manufactured annually in Thailand.
Automotive manufacturers are adopting automation for a more cost-efficient way to make vehicles. By replacing human with robotic technology, the company would be able to save on wages and related costs such as insurance, medical leave, employee’s benefits as well as taxes. This shifts the labour intensive production to a data-driven production.
Phoenix Contact solution to secure data transmission
Phoenix Contact’s Push-Pull Advance data connector is 360 degree shielded and is able to transmit data up to 1 Gbit/s. Field assembly without special tool is possible with QUICKON connection technology. It also has production indicator for traceability.
Push-Pull Advance data connector is equipped with a locking system to increase the security of the connector. To lock/unlock, use a screw driver to shift the orange catch to the respective indication.
Keen to find out more? We will be having a booth (3D15) at Manufacturing Expo in Bangkok, Thailand, where we will be showcasing more products on smart connectivity.
Date: 21- 24 June 2017
* Manufacturing Expo is Thailand largest manufacturing exhibition. It consists of 7 sub-shows
• InterPlas Thailand, for plastics parts production
• InterMold Thailand, for mold and die manufacturing
• Automotive Manufacturing, for Automotive Parts Manufacturing
• Assembly and Automation Technology, for Automation and Assembly Technology
• Surface & Coatings, for Surface Treatment, Paints, & Coatings
• NEPCON Thailand, Assembly, Measurement and Testing Technologies for Electronics Manufacturing
• Mfair, Business Matching Platform for Manufactures’ Network in Asia