One of the challenges which panel builders in the process industry face would be space saving on control cabinets. Many Process retrofitting jobs require panel builders to ensure the quantity of cabinets remain even though additional I/O’s are added. System cabling is one of the best solutions to save space in control cabinets. One of our panel builders solved their problems by replacing terminal blocks with our VARIOFACE Interface Module for the project.
- Additional 150 I/O’s on current system
- Additional Controller Module
- Cabinet Quantities need to be remained
After going through the product technical information, panel builder engineers decided to replace most of the signals with our VIP Interface Module due to space constraints. There are a total of 115 units of VIP-3/SC/D37SUB/F installed in this project. Photos of the panel are shown below.
Features of Interface Module:
- Compact design of control cabinet space
- I/O marking for field wiring clearly identified
- Flexible marking of modules
- Metal mounting foot allows for easy installation and removal on din-rail
- Allows flexible module mounting positions
In addition to the space saving advantage, the site engineer shared that it is also time saving and fault free during the wiring termination. When the panels are delivered, the end user saves valuable time when installing and troubleshooting
If you need any technical advice on your current project, feel free to contact us. I believe we can be your trusted partner to provide suitable solution to fit your application!