Nowadays, in the age of Smart Grids, power systems are getting more complicated in order monitor and avoid system down time. End users /operators require the ability to control everything from big substations to small hangover substations; even to each MV cabinet or recloser located in remote areas such as at a consumer site or along power lines.
So do you meet these requirement within a reasonable cost especially in existing substations, MV cabinets where installation space is very limited.
Solution with ReSy 104 + PLC
The ReSy 104 remote control communication library is based on the IEC 60870-5-104 protocol.
The remote control system enables communication between the control center and substation via a standard TCP/IP network. You can also use transmission via DSL, SHDSL, GPRS, EDGE, and 3G.
With PLC for Fieldbuses and Ethernet, Phoenix Contact offers a flexible system structure that covers a wide range of application options in a centralized or distributed format. Thanks to a compact design and numerous supported protocols, Phoenix Contact PLC is ideal for applications where compact size and high-quality is required at a competitive price.
By combining ReSy 60870-5-104 + PLC Phoenix contact can offer possible applications for
- IEC 60870-5-104 enables data transmission via a standard network, which can communicate with multiple devices and services simultaneously.
- Full function PLC with able to communicate with field device via numerous built in protocol such as Modbus , Profibus, Profinet, etc…
- High standard of security and encryption for reliable data transmission with the FL MGUARD series of security devices from Phoenix Contact
- Smooth communication between devices from various manufacturers. The supplied interoperability list states which functions are supported.
- The remote control station can be connected redundantly to two or more higher-level control systems or remote control heads via the ReSy+ library
- Acquisition of basic data types, such as messages, commands, plus counter values with and without time stamp.
- Event-oriented communication ensures the active transmission of current events.
- Historical data backup ensures that data is logged with a time stamp.
To find out more about our ReSy 104 solutions, just leave us your contact and we will get in touch with you shortly.