We can do a simple loopback test to see if the functionality of the Phoenix Contact PSM-ME-RS232/RS485-p converter is working.
The equipment that is required are a RS 232 cable (USB to RS232), a laptop with HyperTerminal installed, jumper cables and of course the Interface Converter itself.
In just a few simple steps, you will be able to test the functionality of it!
- Start up the HyperTerminal program and create a new connection by giving it a name.
- Select the com port of the connection. Com port can be check in the Device manager.
- Configure the port setting on the Baud Rate, Data Bits, Parity, and Stop bits. The baud rate setting should be as per the device Dip Switch setting.
- By using the jumper cable, connect D(A) to T(A) and D(B) to T(B)
- Type in any text on the HyperTerminal and the words will display on the HyperTerminal.
If you see the text that you typed in Hyper Terminal above, it means that your Interface converter is working. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.