Written by Fraser Cowie, Product Manager- Interface
Customers today have a vast choice of relays from lots of manufacturers – so how do they choose the best one for them? Does it really matter, because a relay is just a relay – right?
Relays are used for hundreds of different applications, so it is best to pick the relay and relay range that most suits an application.Phoenix Contact has been making relays for over 30 years, but always with customer applications in mind and always with the best quality materials and clever design.
One such range is the PLC-INTERFACE relay system. This is the high-performance interface between the controller and system I/O.
PLC-INTERFACE provides you with a comprehensive range of extremely narrow, plug-in electro-mechanical and solid-state relays. In addition, PLC-INTERFACE sensor/actuator versions, switch modules, and filter series provide solutions for even the most difficult applications.
The PLC Interface relay range was launched in 1996 and has been evolving ever since. Here is what’s new:
- 6mm and 14mm relays with lockable manual actuation
- Relays approved in accordance with IECEx, ATEX, and Class 1 Div 2.
- 6mm wide timer relays with 4 functions in one – time range up to 300 minutes
- 6mm wide electronic reversing load relays for DC motors up to 2 amps
- Coupling relays to switch high inrush currents – up to 800 amps!
- Relays resistant to Interference voltages with a defined switch on and switch off
- Relays for weak signal sources ( <1mA control current )
- Pre-assembled relay modules with integrated filter (SO46)
- Relays with Force-Guided contacts for use in safety circuits
In summary the PLC range gives you the following advantages:
• Flexibility of choice with over 500 versions in a comprehensive product range, with versions for specific applications
• Optimised installation effort, thanks to versatile accessories
• 6 mm and 14mm wide options with plug-in electromechanical and solid-state relays
• Your choice of easy connection technology: whether Screw, or Push-in
• Logic functions, thanks to PLC logic extension modules
• Quick plug-in connection between controller and relay, thanks to system cabling adapters
For more information or a demonstration of the range please contact Fraser Cowie on 07584514963 or at email@example.com
PLC relays are part of the Phoenix Contact Complete Line portfolio
COMPLETE line –
‘The comprehensive solution for the control cabinet’
Discover the extensive COMPLETE line product portfolio and find out more about COMPLETE line and your comprehensive solutions for the control cabinet at: phoenixcontact.com/completeline