(Written by Richard Schoonebeek)
For me April is the best month of the year for a few good reasons. The first, we are allowed to play the fool and get praised for it the better the joke. The start of Autumn that brings out some beautiful colours. The roads are quieter as people go on holiday for the long weekend and school holidays. An overall mild temperature during the day and colder evenings that make warmer foods taste that much better. Last but not least, of course is the copious amounts of Easter eggs. For those going on holiday I hope you have a great break and for those that will be working, enjoy the quieter roads. Please be safe. Today I would like to give you an overview of some connectors Phoenix Contact have other than the Din Rail mounted connectors. Phoenix Contact have solutions for your applications from the cabinet to the field and anything in between with our Data, Signal and Power connectors.
More than just a comprehensive product range
Connectors for signals, data, and power offer an impressive solution for every application.
Versatile M5 to M58 circular connectors, data and photovoltaic connectors as well as modular rectangular and heavy-duty industrial connectors: the comprehensive connector range from Phoenix Contact offers a huge variety of solutions for industrial and semi-industrial applications.
Phoenix Contact offers circular connectors in numerous sizes for industrial automation. From small to large, straight or angled, molded or for on-site assembly: the wide-ranging portfolio offers optimum solutions for transmitting signals, data, and power.
- M12 and M23 innovative hybrid connectors
- 3- to 19-pos. M5, M8, M12, M23, and 7/8″ signal connectors
- M8 and M12 data connectors for transmission speeds up to 10 Gbps
- M12 to M58 power connectors for currents up to 150 A and voltages up to 630 V
Phoenix Contact offers data connectors for copper and FO cabling for fast and reliable data transmission in industry, computer centers or infrastructure applications. Connectors, patch cables, and accessories are available for all common fieldbuses and networks.
- Transmission speeds of up to 40 Gbps
- Solutions for IP20, IP65/IP67, and IP69K
- Innovative hybrid cabling
- Patch panels and marshaling panels for 19″ mounting
Heavy-duty connectors protect your interfaces and ensure the reliable transmission of power, data, and signals even under the harshest conditions. They are resistant to dirt, water, vibrations, and high mechanical strain and are sealed up to IP69K protection.
- Conductive metal housings with EMC protection
- Mounting and connection-compatible sleeve and base housings
- Modular contact inserts with a fixed number of positions and a wide range of connection technologies
- Conductive surfaces with EMC protection
Modular rectangular connectors
Modular rectangular connectors offer compact connections for use in devices, terminal boxes, and control cabinets. Various different housing versions, modular contact inserts, and contact carriers for crimp contacts enable flexible connection options for signals, data, and power.
- Sleeve housings in accordance with IP65/IP67/IP68/IP69K protection
- Contact insert sets for 4 to 40 positions
- Modular contact inserts for hybrid applications
- Panel mounting bases and coupling housings
Photovoltaic connectors from Phoenix Contact cover a wide range of applications:
AC and DC connectors for assembly, device connections as well as connection technology for photovoltaic panels, building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV), and micro inverters enable consistent connection solutions.
- AC and DC connectors with IP66/IP68 protection
- AC and DC device connections with IP65/IP66/IP68 protection
- Feed-through and PCB terminal blocks for currents up to 309 A and voltages up to 600 V (UL)
- Connection systems for BIPV and micro inverters.
Whether simple cable connection, power distribution or device connection, the IPD and QPD installation systems enable you to save time when connecting cables, thanks to tool-free Push-in connection technology and fast QUICKON IDC connection.
- Fixed and plug-in connections
- Solutions for IP68/IP69K/IK07
- For currents up to 40 A and voltages up to 690 V
- For cables up to 5 x 6 mm2
Stackable power distribution
Extend the energy supply of your system in a minimum amount of space using the sturdy, stackable connector system. Conveniently pre-assemble all cables and connect them quickly to the system. The square housing design enables flexible cable outlet directions.
- Robust housings with IP67 protection and EMC protection
- Plug-in PCB connection
- Stackable contact inserts with screw connection for conductor cross sections from 0.2 mm² to 4 mm²
- Vibration-resistant steel locking latch
PCB terminal blocks
PCB terminal blocks enable the easy and safe transmission of signals, data, and power directly to the PCB. The space-saving connection method is suitable for numerous applications in the process industry and industrial environments.
- For conductor cross sections from 0.14 mm² to 95 mm²
- For currents up to 232 A and voltages up to 1000 V
- With screw, spring or insulation displacement connection
- For 2.5 mm to 20 mm pitch
High-current feed-through terminal blocks
With high-current feed-through terminal blocks, high currents and voltages can be transmitted safely and reliably through the housing panel. Various connection technologies enable flexible solutions for transmission.
- For conductor cross sections from 4 mm² to 150 mm²
- For currents up to 309 A and voltages up to 1000 V
- With screw, spring, T-LOX or bolt connection
- For panel thickness from 1 mm to 6 mm
A challenge from you to see if we have a connector to suit your application is welcomed and supported with a positive response.
For more information, you are welcome to contact Richard Schoonebeek on firstname.lastname@example.org.