Smart Buildings and smart cities are continuously transforming how people carry out their activities on a daily basis. Smart cities will soon emerge with things like street lights and parking meters connected to commercial buildings and connected to the internet. At present, some cities have started implementing the smart city approach by connecting everything about their community to the internet. Along with conserving energy, smart buildings will help save money. Here are some of the biggest IoT smart building trends likely to take shape this year.
Phoenix Contact designs robust and high-speed controls for the most demanding applications using the Niagara 4 Framework. The ILC 2050 BI goes far beyond building automation, providing industrially hardened control and modular I/O running the Niagara 4 Framework. Gain maximum flexibility from a large variety of I/O modules Connect up to 63 I/O modules on the local bus. Get support for DALI, MP-Bus, and M-Bus maximum 16 (RS‐232, RS‐485, M‐Bus, DALI) with special function modules.
You can use the ILC 2050 BI controller to automate different subsections in the building infrastructure, data centers and distributed properties. It has a variety of interfaces and supports a wide range of protocols. The integrated Niagara Framework enables you to have IoT-based automation due to standardization of various data types. This makes it easy to connect various sensors and actuators regardless of the manufacturer and communication protocol. The controller’s functions can be expanded with the Inline I/O Portfolio from Phoenix Contact.
The Inline I/O Concept
- Digital input terminals
- Relay terminals
- Digital output terminals
- TRIAC terminals
- Analog input terminals
- Analog output terminals
- Functional terminals (DALI, 8 / S0, MBUS, UNI)
- Power and segment clamps
IoT smart building trends in future
- Predictive maintenance
- Air quality measurement
- IoT-supported complex applications
- Measurement and verification using IoT
- Real-time data accessibility
- IoT in green building movement
- IoT and prefabricated building components
- IoT in efficient construction management
- IoT for energy efficiency
- IoT for better asset optimization
ILC 2050 BI Advantages: Summary
- Unique: the only modular, industrial controller running Niagara.
- Cost saving: no unused IOs, no gateways required, integrated switch. Simplified installation and reduced size.
- Easy maintenance and quick setup.
- High Quality: Robust, industrial design, made in Germany.
- Part of the entire Phoenix Contact product portfolio!
If you would like to find out more about Phoenix Contact’s E-Mobility, feel free to contact us!