There are 5 main reasons why IB IL AO2/SF is preferred instead of the IB IL AO1/SF.
Here we will give you good arguments to use the IB IL AO2/SF in an Inline Local bus:
1) The Tolerance is much better
E.g. The IB IL AO1/SF has 0.25% (U-Mode) but the IB IL AO2/SF has only 0.02%!!
2) The Temperature Drift-Value is much better, too
E.g. The IB IL AO1/SF has 100 ppm/K (U-Mode) but the IB IL AO2/SF has only 25 ppm/K!!
3) The Tolerance with EMI is much better to the IB IL AO2/SF
4) The behavior of the Analog Outputs in Fail (Hold/Reset) is only programmable with the IB IL AO2/SF
5) With the IB IL AO2/SF You have a Monitoring-Feature to the Analog Output supply
Voltage with diagnostic to your host system.
The technical features are much better with the IB IL AO2/SF, so if you need Standard Analog Output Signals (10V, 0/4 to20mA) with 16 Bit Performance take the IB IL AO2/SF!!